Closing date: Friday 31st March 2017
An opportunity currently exists to join the Briggs Group, an established company specialising in marine and environmental services. The Fitter will undertake tasks in a fitters role on a day-to-day basis in conjunction with and to the instruction of the management team, including the allocation and prioritization of work to meet the requirements of management.
• Under the direction of the Technical Manager or his/her assistants, to carry out mechanical maintenance on board the running Ferryboats, the Ferryboats out of service on the grid, linkspans and the supporting equipment within the boundary of the Ferry premises.
• To test plant and equipment as directed and report/record results to the Technical Manager or his/her assistants.
• To operate the workshops static or portable machine tools in pursuit of the above.
• To work in unison with other trades disciplines, contributing such of his/her own skills as required completing the job in hand.
• To generally assist other members of the workshops labour force in order to achieve the targets dictated by the workshops achievement scheme, that not being to the diriment of his/her own target attainment.
• To assist with the training or new member of the workforce, particularly trade apprentices.
• To liaise with and support the safety representatives in their effort to secure the highest standards of health and safety at work.
• To supervise semi-skilled engineering worker when working in support of his/her own work.
• To carry out and support the Councils equal opportunities policy.
• Flexibility across the whole maintenance function, providing assistance and support to other functions as and when required by line management.
Your technical profile will reflect the following;
• Must have served a recognised apprenticeship in mechanical or Marine Engineering.
• Must have experience of the Maintenance of marine propulsion and auxiliary equipment or such similar experience of stationary plant.
Training will be provided to the successful candidate.
The ideal candidate will be a team player and have a proactive and flexible approach in the workplace. A shift rota system is in operation for this role.
You will receive an excellent reward package commensurate your experience as well as the opportunity for career development within our organisation.
Closing date for applications: 31 March 2017
To apply, please send your CV, in confidence, to our Recruitment Team by email, firstname.lastname@example.org or by post:
Briggs Marine and Environmental Services,
Burntisland Fife KY3 9AX