Marine Technical Manager
Closing date: Friday 28th April 2017
Location: Field Based (Flexible Location)
An opportunity currently exists to join Briggs, an established and expanding company specialising in the supply of Marine and Environmental services. The Technical Manager will be responsible for the maintenance provision for a fleet of five 19m Coastal Survey Vessels and a range of other smaller craft operating under the SCV/Workboat code operating for a single customer around the coast of England and Wales. This role will require travel within England and Wales with occasional visits to the Head Office in Burntisland, Fife. The successful candidate will ensure vessel availability and defect rectification to complete customer satisfaction.
Principal Responsibilities Include;
• Ensuring the vessels are fully operational and available at all times
• Ensuring all planned and unplanned maintenance is carried out in accordance with legislation, within timelines and set budgets
• Overseeing all defect rectification and repair works including preparation of associated reports
• Assign planned maintenance programmes for all vessels and maintain a database of associated information
• Close management of sub-contractors
• Carry out coding and company inspections in line with the Workboat Code of Practice and Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies
Your technical profile will reflect the following skill set:
• Experience on managing and maintaining vessels under 24m, operating under the SCV/Workboat code
• Technical and practical ‘hands on’ experience in similar role
• Planned maintenance system/database management
• Experience of managing sub-contractors
• Knowledge of MCA regulations relating to Small Commercial Vessels
• A background in small vessel (<24m) operation
• RYA Advanced Powerboat commercially endorsed (or equivalent)
• Full UK Driving Licence
• IT Skills – Microsoft Office experience, in particular Word, Excel (Advanced)
• Engineering Officer of the Watch or equivalent certification
• STCW 95 Sea Survival / Personal Survival Techniques or equivalent
• ENG1 or ML5 Seafarer Medical Certificate
• IOSH or equivalent Managing Safely or equivalent
The ideal candidate will have a proactive and flexible approach to operate the on call rota system and travel regularly throughout the UK.
You will receive an excellent package commensurate with your experience and the opportunity for career development within the organisation.
Closing Date: Friday 28 April 2017
To apply, please send your CV, in confidence, to our Recruitment Team by email, firstname.lastname@example.org or by post:
Briggs Marine and Environmental Services,
Burntisland Fife KY3 9AX
Internal candidates should submit an Internal Application form in addition to their CV.