Mechanical Fitter - Hemel Hempstead
Closing date: Thursday 27th April 2017
Location: Hemel Hempstead
An opportunity currently exists to join the Briggs Group, an established company specialising in marine and environmental services. The Mechanical Fitter will work in a team of operators and maintenance crew, maintaining mechanical and other equipment at BP Hemel Hempstead terminal and occasionally at other sites as required. Carry out maintenance checks on equipment routinely against “FRONTLINE” database recorded information.
• Repairs and maintenance to mechanical systems and components as determined by client planned maintenance system (Frontline).
• Work under the client control of works permit system.
• Work as directed by local client Management.
• Organise and prioritise issued workload in the most productive manner.
• Responsible for overseeing all mechanical work as designated.
• Assist with organising specialist support for mechanical work outside existing scope.
• Multi-skill to include mechanical, instrument, operational and civil activities.
• Assist other contractor’s onsite carrying out work e.g. Meter proving and hose testing.
• Organise suppliers and spares through authorised suppliers.
• Maintain and test safety critical systems as directed.
• Carry out post work clean up.
• Troubleshoots, determines and rectifies causes of failure, defects in equipment
• Must be proficient in the use and application of all tools needed to perform the work.
• Responsible for the isolation and product drain down of piping, tanks and pumps as and when required.
• Technical Integrity;
• Recognised mechanical engineering qualification, recognised time served apprenticeship, city and guilds or higher qualification, must have 5 or more years mechanical maintenance experience
• A good standard of education.
• National Safety passport.
• Knowledge and experience of the application of Permit to Work systems and Risk Assessment process.
• Sound knowledge of operating Plant standards, policies and procedures.
• Must be able to read process and instrumentation, piping, civils and electrical drawings
• Must be able to follow written and oral instructions
• Must be adaptable to a changing work environment and able to deal with delays or unexpected events.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours and cover out of hours call in when required
• Must be able to operate forklift and lifting devices
• Must be able to operate MEWP, scissor lift equipment
• Within the scope of the job, will be required to adhere and comply to company policies and safety and environmental regulations.
Training will be provided to the successful candidate; however candidates are expected to demonstrate competence in the operation of site plant and equipment.
You will receive an excellent reward package commensurate with your experience as well as the opportunity for career development within our organisation.
Closing date for applications: 27 April 2017
To apply, please send your CV, in confidence, to our Recruitment Team by email, email@example.com or by post:
Briggs Marine and Environmental Services,
Burntisland Fife KY3 9AX