Team Leader/Terminal Operator - Hemel Hempstead
Closing date: Thursday 27th April 2017
Location: Hemel Hempstead
An opportunity currently exists to join the Briggs Group, an established company specialising in marine and environmental services. The Team Leader / Terminal Operator is generally responsible for the safe receipt, storage and delivery of bulk liquids of a flammable or hazardous characteristic including the general upkeep and security of the establishment, providing leadership continuity for the local BMC team.
Including, but not limited to the following -
• Lead local operating team, liaising between local client and BMC management.
• Maintain shift team structure and organise shift as required.
• Undertake regular team meetings and administer TBTs.
• Act as focal point for Work Order assignment.
• Assist Maintenance supervisor/Mechanical and Electrical crafts as required.
• Responding to Safety Critical System Alarms and taking appropriate action to prevent an incident.
• Carrying out routine inspection of tank bunds. Draining surface water in bunds as necessary.
• Dipping storage tanks and draining water from tanks in accordance with work procedures.
• Carrying out sampling and testing of Tank Water Bottoms for microbiological growth.
• The correct operation of all Terminal Drainage Systems, Interceptors and Outfalls and adhering to procedures regarding the release of water from such systems.
• The safe use of plant and equipment and adhering to procedures for their use.
• Sampling product before receipt, in storage and on delivery. Testing product samples as required.
• Checking laboratory testing equipment ensuring that it is in calibration and in good working order. Maintaining cleanliness of laboratory and sample storage area. Monitoring stock levels of laboratory consumables. Preparing samples to be dispatched for independent testing as required.
• The operation of Terminal Pumping Systems for all product imports, exports, vehicle returns, transfers and line stripping.
• The operation of all Road Vehicle loading equipment being able to assist with loading of Road Tankers as required. Check and clean Line Filters and Pump Filters as required.
• The operation of all Fuel additive and Marker Systems. Operating Fuel Marker Systems directed. Overseeing Fuel Additive receipts.
• The supervision and control of contractors utilising Permit to Work controls.
• Reporting any hazards, near misses, incidents, defects or any other safety related item.
Training will be provided to the successful candidate, however candidates are expected to demonstrate competence in the operation of site plant and equipment related to the delivery of hazardous bulk liquid petroleum products.
You will receive an excellent reward package commensurate with your experience as well as the opportunity for career development within our organisation.
Closing date for applications 27 April 2017
To apply, please send your CV, in confidence, to our Recruitment Team by email, email@example.com or by post:
Briggs Marine and Environmental Services,
Burntisland Fife KY3 9AX