Terminal Operator - Walton
Closing date: Thursday 27th April 2017
An opportunity currently exists to join the Briggs Group, an established company specialising in marine and environmental services. The Terminal Operator is generally responsible for the safe receipt, storage and delivery of bulk liquids of a flammable or hazardous characteristic including the general upkeep and security of the establishment. The Terminal Operator will be required to work a Shift System as determined by the operational demands and provide an appropriate level of cover for staff holidays and sickness
• Monitoring tank levels, particularly when filling.
• Responding to Safety Critical System Alarms and taking appropriate action to prevent an incident.
• Carrying out routine inspection of tank bunds. Draining surface water in bunds as necessary.
• Dipping storage tanks and draining water from tanks in accordance with work procedures.
• Carrying out sampling and testing of Tank Water Bottoms for microbiological growth.
• The correct operation of all Terminal Drainage Systems, Interceptors and Outfalls and adhering to procedures regarding the release of water from such systems.
• The safe use of plant and equipment and adhering to procedures for their use.
• Sampling product before receipt, in storage and on delivery. Testing product samples as required.
• Checking laboratory testing equipment ensuring that it is in calibration and in good working order. Maintaining cleanliness of laboratory and sample storage area. Monitoring stock levels of laboratory consumables. Preparing samples to be dispatched for independent testing as required.
• The operation of Terminal Pumping Systems for all product imports, exports, transfers and line stripping.
• The operation of all Fuel additive and Marker Systems. Operating Fuel Marker Systems directed by the Contract Manager. Overseeing Fuel Additive receipts.
• The supervision and control of contractors utilising Permit to Work controls.
• Reporting any hazards, near misses, incidents, or any other safety related item.
• Reporting any defects in material/plant.
• Carrying out Terminal Housekeeping Duties as required.
• Carrying out any other tasks within the skills abilities of the Operator as may be required by the Operations Manager.
Site Specific Responsibilities
• The Terminal Operator will be responsible for undertaking the role of AQD Inspector at Bulk Liquid Storage facilities handling aviation fuels.
You will receive an excellent reward package commensurate with your experience as well as the opportunity for career development within our organisation.
Closing date for applications: 27 April 2017
To apply, please send your CV, in confidence, to our Recruitment Team by email, firstname.lastname@example.org or by post:
Briggs Marine and Environmental Services,
Burntisland Fife KY3 9AX