Safety, Health & Environment
Our policy is to prevent human injury or loss of life by maintaining a high standard of safety performance, fostering concern and respect for protecting the environment on land and sea and avoiding property damage in all undertakings, ensuring employees conduct their operations in the same spirit.
Ensuring the health and safety of personnel and protection of the environment is a fundamental requirement within the group, an output of which is sustainable growth and profit of the business.
Health, Safety and Environmental Management Procedures have been prepared to ensure that employees adopt safe working practices and comply with the various statutory standards.
The aim of the company is to:
- Conduct its undertakings with a target of zero injuries to employees, sub-contractor employees or members of the public
- Manage the use of substances with a target of zero environmental incidents
- Set, encourage and maintain safe standards and safe working environments on land and sea and seek continuous improvement by regular reviews of performance
- Ensure that a system of identifying, assessing and adequately controlling health, safety and environmental risk is established and maintained
- Encourage employee involvement, through their Safety Representatives, in the establishment of safe work practices and a cleaner, quieter environment.
- Reduce and control our consumption of energy and promote the use of alternative environmentally friendly fuels
- Ensure that suitable training, instruction and supervision is given to all employees in the use of work equipment and materials and the correct disposal of waste
- Continuously improve safety management skills of personnel ashore and aboard vessels, including preparation for emergencies relating to safety and environmental protection
- Comply with safety, health and environmental requirements of law and act positively to prevent injury, ill health, damage loss and environmental damage arising from operations
- Raise environmental awareness throughout the workforce
- Limit the production of waste by re-using and recycling wherever possible, using only licensed waste handlers for disposal
- Reduce emissions to the environment
- Keep records of the production and disposal of controlled waste
Third Party Information
Briggs Marine & Environmental Services also recognise the duty to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that persons not in their employment who may be affected by what they do, are not exposed to risks to their Health and Safety.
This is especially relevant with respect to principal contractors and sub-contractors and when carrying out operations where the general public may be close by or have legitimate access to areas near work operations. To this end, work areas and operations are assessed and relevant hazards made known to any persons that could be affected by the operations
Oil & Gas
With over 25 years experience operating at major petro-chemical sites, Briggs has gained invaluable knowledge of the industry. Our complete, cost optimal solution can assist oil and gas terminal operators in achieving competitive advantage.Read more
Briggs Marine & Environmental Services has undertaken a broad range of marine and environmental projects over the last forty years, many of which have utilised more than one aspect of our skills, from project planning and scoping through to equipment and personnel supply and execution.Read more
The Briggs Group became involved in the marine industry on the Firth of Forth in the 1970s, providing tough dependable workboats to assist marine based construction works both on the east and west coasts of Scotland.Read more