The Able Seaman has responsibility for taking all necessary actions for safety, pollution prevention and efficient operation of the ship.
- Carrying out all orders and instructions in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintenance of equipment and vessel structures as appropriate
- Perform the duties of Coxswain or workboat crewmember
- Carryout Lookout duties as instructed
- Assist deck officers in cargo operations as required
- Operate vessels lifting gear when trained
- Operate and deploy counter pollution equipment
- Assist in maintenance of Safety, Lifesaving and Fire fighting equipment.
- Perform safety and security patrols when required
- Responsibilities as identified as part of the vessels Emergency teams
- Perform the duties of Helmsman
- Form part of a mooring and anchoring party
- Comply with pollution prevention requirements
- Assist Engineering staff in maintenance
- Cleaning duties
- Operate deck machinery when suitably trained or qualified
- Ship operational tasks ie Mooring work, support to trials teams or similar 3rd party work.
- AB certificate
- Steering certificate
- Basic Fire prevention and firefighting
- Personal Safety and Social responsibilities
- Personal survival techniques
- PSC & RB
- EDH certificate
- Elementary First aid aboard ships
- Navigational Watch Rating Certificate
- ENG1 Medical
- LocationVarious Locations
- Role TypeAB Deckhand
- Closing DateMar 31, 2023
- Apply for this Role