ABLE SEAMAN – LIVERPOOL
Fixed Term – 6 months
This role will require the Able Seaman (AB) to assist in the operation of Pilot Launches out of Liverpool, Lynas and Heysham or any other port as required. The AB will operate company vessels efficiently and safely in carrying out the required functions i.e. Pilotage, Hydrographic Survey, and any other task for which you are trained.
Include but are not limited to
- Manning any of the company floating plant as required.
- Assist in operating company floating plant from any location.
- Basic mechanical maintenance/checks of launches and equipment.
- Assist the Coxswain in maintaining log books and safety records.
- Compile statements as requested and assist in compiling Incident Reports, Service Issue Reports, Defect Reports, Near Miss Reports, Safety Observation Reports.
- Refuelling launches with full environment protection.
- Responding to incidents afloat as directed by Port Control.
- Maintain and update knowledge of operational practices and equipment, including local navigational knowledge.
- The transfer of company floating plant between various stations (e.g. Lynas, Heysham, Liverpool).
- MCA ENG 1 or ML5 Medical Certificate essential.
- Recognised STCW 95 Sea Survival and First Aid qualification essential.
- Commercially endorsed RYA Advanced Powerboat certificate desirable.
- Driving Licence is essential.
Closing Date: Thursday 24 January 2019
To apply, please send your CV, in confidence, to our Recruitment Team by email, [email protected] or by post:
Briggs Marine and Environmental Services,
Burntisland Fife KY3 9AX