We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Chief Engineer to work on board the Kingdom of Fife Vessel on a full time permanent basis.
The Chief Engineer has the authority and responsibility for taking any necessary actions for safety, pollution prevention and the efficient operation of the ships, engine room and associated mechanical / electric services.
- Ensuring all new technical department officers and ratings are familiar with relevant procedures.
- Efficient operation and maintenance of all plant and equipment associated with safety and anti-pollution as defined by statutory legislation and Company procedures.
- Maintaining stand-by plant and systems in a completed state of readiness to meet any emergency requirements.
- Testing stand-by systems on a regular basis and in accordance with Company procedure.
- Investigating non-conformances and applying corrective action as agreed with the ship’s Master.
- Ensure vessel is compliant with the ISM.
- Previous practical experience as Chief Engineer.
- Implementing systems of work in line with ISM and Company policies.
- Record keeping and reporting.
- Upkeep and hands-on experience of on-board maintenance.
- Investigating non-conformance and instigating corrective actions.
- Chief Engineer Unlimited.
- Certificate of equivalent Competency (Unrestricted) if non-UK.
- STCW 95:
- Advanced Fire Prevention and Firefighting
- Fire Fighting & Fire Prevention
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- Unrestricted ENG1 Medical Certificate
- Proficiency in Shipboard Security
You must be able to provide relevant documentation confirming that you have the right to work in the UK.
Our jobs attract such a high level of interest that we unfortunately cannot respond to everyone. If you don’t hear back from us within 2 weeks of application, then we thank you for your interest, but we will not be progressing further on this occasion.