Reporting to the Master, the Chief Officer is responsible for the safe and efficient operation, administration, and supervision of the deck crew. The Chief Officer will also maintain a safe Navigational Watch.
- Reporting to the Master Health and Safety incidents and vessel defects.
- Implement the Company Health and Safety Policies.
- Identification and organisation of all deck crew onboard training requirements.
- Compliance with all statutory regulations and Company procedures.
- Maintenance of the SMS certification and coordination of audits with the Designated Person Ashore and vessel Master.
- With the Master review of all onboard contingency plans, risk assessments and procedures.
- Ensuring all statutory surveys are coordinated and completed within the prescribed timescales.
- Submit regular reports to the shoreside Management team.
- Minimum Certificate of Competency II/2 3000GT Unrestricted.
- Previous experience as a Chief Officer on a similar vessel.
- Experience in maintaining documentation for inspection and third parties.
- DP Induction/Advanced
- Radar and Arpa experience.
- ECDIS certification – Generic and/or Specific (Transas).
- Unrestricted ENG 1.