Since the 1970’s the Briggs Group have grown to become one of the world leaders in the marine and environmental services industry, currently employing over 800 dedicated members of staff.
Providing clients with services ranging from terminal operations to subsea cable repair, we are committed to employing dedicated and skilled staff looking for a career that offers stability, genuine career progression and recognition.
Our core values support the Company’s mission and decision making and provides a benchmark for everything that we believe in. They are the Companies fundamental beliefs and are integrated into every employee process shaping the Company’s culture for future success.
We have an excellent new opportunity for an experienced Divisional Accountant to join a well-established finance team based at our head office in Burntisland, Fife. The purpose of the role is to provide financial and accounting support to the Group Financial Accountant, and Divisional Managers.
- Working closely with the Divisional Director and Managers to assist the production of accurate monthly management accounts, reports and analysis for the division and where needed to external clients
- Act as primary point of contact for key customers for financial and commercial matters
- Ensure project costs are accurately maintained through the general ledger and contract costing modules, liaising with operational management as required
- Generating accurate sales invoices in a timely manner for the contracts
- Approving all divisional purchasing and associated coding
- Preparing annual budgets and quarterly forecasting as required
- Participating in the annual audit process
- Develop and improve processes to achieve best practice
- Assist with tender costing & bid proposals preparation when required
- Provide assistance to the Group Financial Accountant for group accounting tasks as required
- Developing and maintaining a high level of understanding of all commercial areas of the contracts
What’s in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with pension, life assurance, Cycle to Work scheme and much more as well as opportunities for on-the-job training and career progression within a stable environment.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining.
The next steps
The successful applicant will have a proven track record in a similar role with a drive to succeed in a busy environment, if you are looking for an exciting new challenge and ready to make the difference within a growing organisation then please follow the link below to apply direct
You must be able to provide relevant documentation confirming that you have the right to work in the UK.