Since the 1970’s the Briggs Group have grown to become one of the world leaders in the marine and environmental services industry, currently employing over 800 dedicated members of staff.
Providing clients with services ranging from terminal operations to subsea cable repair, we are committed to employing dedicated and skilled staff looking for a career that offers stability, genuine career progression and recognition.
Our core values support the Company’s mission and decision making and provides a benchmark for everything that we believe in. They are the Companies fundamental beliefs and are integrated into every employee process shaping the Company’s culture for future success.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Marine Technical Manager based in the UK. The Technical Manager will be responsible for all asset protection, maintenance, and repair activities for a fleet of CSV’s & a fleet of Workboats/Ribs and any 3rd party vessels operating in various locations in line with the above they will ensure asset availability facilitating 24-hour operation of the service in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Full responsibility and accountability of the Planned Maintenance System
- Ensure all maintenance activities are delivered within agreed timescales and on budget.
- Liaise with Operations Manager and Vessel Crew for defect reporting issues.
- Ensure vessel coding is maintained in line with the Work Boat Code of Practice
- Make regular contact with sub-contractors to ensure good service is always provided.
- Provide accurate and timely information to line manager.
- Effective maintenance of the fleet of vessels
- Full responsibility and accountability of all defect rectification and repairs
- Ensure full records are kept for all maintenance activities.
We are seeking an individual who brings a hands-on approach to their work within the field of marine engineering. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record as a time-served Marine Engineer, Plant Engineer, 3rd Engineer, or hold an equivalent qualification.
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in a marine engineering environment.
- Flexibility with working hours, coupled with the ability to adapt effectively.
- Confidence in your own abilities to tackle challenges head-on.
What’s in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with pension, life assurance, Cycle to Work scheme and much more as well as opportunities for on-the-job training and career progression within a stable environment.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining.
You must be able to provide relevant documentation confirming that you have the right to work in the UK.