LOCATION – NORTHAMPTON
An opportunity currently exists to join the Briggs Group, an established company specialising in marine and environmental services.
The Mechanical Fitter will be in a team of operators and maintenance crew, maintaining mechanical and other equipment at our Northampton terminal and occasionally at other sites as required. They will carry out maintenance checks on equipment routinely against “FRONTLINE” database recorded information.
- Repairs and maintenance to mechanical systems and components as determined by client planned maintenance system (Frontline).
- Work under the client control of works permit system.
- Responsible for overseeing all mechanical work as designated.
- Assist with organising specialist support for mechanical work outside existing scope.
- Multi-skill to include mechanical, instrument, operational and civil activities.
- Maintain and test safety critical systems as directed.
- Troubleshoots, determines and rectifies causes of failure, defects in equipment
- Responsible for the isolation and product drain down of piping, tanks and pumps as and when required.
- Recognised mechanical engineering qualification, recognised time served apprenticeship, city and guilds or higher qualification, must have 5 or more years mechanical maintenance experience
- National Safety passport.
- Knowledge and experience of the application of Permit to Work systems and Risk Assessment process.
- Sound knowledge of operating Plant standards, policies and procedures.
- Must be able to read process and instrumentation, piping, civils and electrical drawings
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and cover out of hours call in when required
- Must be able to operate forklift and lifting devices
- Must be able to operate MEWP, scissor lift equipment
Training will be provided to the successful candidate; however candidates are expected to demonstrate competence in the operation of site plant and equipment.
You will receive an excellent reward package commensurate with your experience as well as the opportunity for career development within our organisation.
Closing Date: Thursday 24 January 2019
To apply, please send your CV, in confidence, to our Recruitment Team by email, [email protected] or by post:
Briggs Marine and Environmental Services,
Burntisland Fife KY3 9AX