Since the 1970’s the Briggs Group have grown to become one of the world leaders in the marine and environmental services industry, currently employing over 800 dedicated members of staff.
Providing clients with services ranging from terminal operations to subsea cable repair, we are committed to employing dedicated and skilled staff looking for a career that offers stability, genuine career progression and recognition.
Our core values support the Company’s mission and decision making and provides a benchmark for everything that we believe in. They are the Companies fundamental beliefs and are integrated into every employee process shaping the Company’s culture for future success.
An opportunity currently exists to join the Briggs Group, an established company specialising in marine and environmental services as a Pollution Response Operator on a full-time permanent basis. The nature of the role is to respond to pollution incidents on and offshore as well as providing operational support with all general maintenance activities.
- Responding to pollution incidents nationally and internationally
- Undertaking all maintenance activities as per the company’s procedures and risk assessments
- Operating Pollution Response equipment in response to spill and incidents
- Mobilising pollution containment and recovery systems
- Participation in the emergency response rota as and when required
- Ensure that all plant and equipment complies with all regulatory and company specifications
Your technical skillset should reflect the following
- Full Clean UK Driving Licence
- Previous technical and practical hands on experience in similar role
- Experience in Plant operation and maintenance
The ideal candidate will be motivated and able to work alone and within a team. A flexible approach to working will also be beneficial as this role will encompass regular travel with a necessity for remote working over sustained periods. Training for this role will be provided.
What’s in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with pension, life assurance, Cycle to Work scheme and much more as well as opportunities for on-the-job training and career progression within a stable environment.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining.
The next steps
You must be able to provide relevant documentation confirming that you have the right to work in the UK.
Please follow the link below to apply or feel free to call for further information.