Since the 1970’s the Briggs Group have grown to become one of the world leaders in the marine and environmental services industry, currently employing over 800 dedicated members of staff.
Providing clients with services ranging from terminal operations to subsea cable repair, we are committed to employing dedicated and skilled staff looking for a career that offers stability, genuine career progression and recognition.
Our core values support the Company’s mission and decision making and provides a benchmark for everything that we believe in. They are the Companies fundamental beliefs and are integrated into every employee process shaping the Company’s culture for future success.
Due to continual growth and expansion, we are now offering a new position available for an experienced Procurement Manager. This role will be based at our Head Office in Burntisland, Fife, and will involve overseeing all aspects of the procurement function and logistical operations. Your responsibilities will include identifying potential supplier sources, conducting interviews with potential vendors, and managing contracts.
- Source goods, materials, and services required by the organisation.
- Coordinate the timely delivery of mooring components and associated equipment to remote ports/locations or dedicated lay-down areas.
- Liaise with key company employees to determine their product and service needs.
- Manage and administer all accounts associated with the contract.
- Coordinate the collection of used mooring equipment and redistribute it for testing, certification, storage, or disposal as appropriate.
- Create a single vendor list for all UK procurement.
- Lead a team by example and delegate tasks across departments when necessary.
- Vet suppliers in accordance with company/client procedures.
- Conduct regular market testing to ensure the best value for money is constantly maintained.
- Maintain detailed records and accounts, strictly adhering to budgets.
- Identify areas for improvement to continually drive performance and business results.
The successful candidate must possess a CIPS level 4 qualification and have relevant experience in a similar role. They should possess a high level of attention to detail, excellent financial and numerical skills, and exceptional talent in negotiating and networking. The candidate should be self-motivated with excellent communication skills with the ability to foster strong supplier relationships.
What’s in it for you?
We offer an excellent package, including a pension, life assurance, the Cycle to Work scheme, and more, along with opportunities for on-the-job training and career progression within a stable environment. Flexible working options are also available.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining.
The next steps
You must be able to provide relevant documentation confirming that you have the right to work in the UK.
Please follow the link below to apply or feel free to call for further information.