Due to continued growth, Briggs Marine has an exciting new vacancy for an experienced Technical and Asset Manager based in Liverpool. The successful applicant will be responsible for the maintenance, technical performance and future development of all marine and site assets of the Port and Vessel Management division. In doing so, they will maintain the service’s technical provision at the highest possible state of readiness.
You will lead the technical teams to ensure that the assets are operated to the highest standard in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and in accordance with the company’s policies, procedures, and standards.
- Effective technical management of all sites’ assets
- Ensure the planned maintenance system is maintained, up to date, and continuously evolving/developed
- Daily management of the technical budget for the division
- In line with the above, manage procurement/stock control process for the contract
- Develop and manage a 5-year maintenance programme/budget for asset maintenance/protection/class requirements thus enabling effective financial planning/forecasting
- Develop a fuel management programme ensuring cost efficiency, sustainability, and development in line with environmental strategy and aspirations
- Management of the Liverpool Pilot Launch, Heysham Workboat, Port of Sheerness, and Environment Agency Technical teams
- Liaise with the Contract Operations managers in the management of operational staff
- Manage and have an overview of all technical staff structure, rostering and leave management
- Report to and support decisions of the client and company senior management team on individual projects as requested
- Ensure knowledge and understanding of forthcoming legislative/regulatory changes and make recommendations for impact/implementation to senior management in line with asset protection/management
- Liaise with Central HR Function with respect to such issues as required, including implementation of new legislation, business practices
- Deputise, as required for the General Manager of the Port and Vessel Management division
If you are ready for a fresh new challenge within a busy environment, please do not hesitate to get in touch or send an updated CV, in confidence using the form below. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an employer of choice within the marine industry and you will be rewarded with an excellent salary and benefits package.