Briggs Marine & Environmental Services provide a range of marine services to our clients. The environments in which we operate are dynamic and challenging and risks are both real and significant.
Our vision is No Harm to people, No Harm to the environment.
Protection of the health, safety, and welfare of our employees and those who may be affected by our activities is of paramount importance to us. We will work closely with our employees and other stakeholders to go beyond our legal obligations to prevent pollution and protect the environment. We will implement the lifecycle principle to our activities with an aim to reduce waste, increase material recovery, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and increase energy efficiency. The company is committed to continual improvement of its HSE systems.
To ensure HSE performance is always given the highest priority our specific HSE commitments are to:
- Provide strong and consistent HSE leadership
- Develop HSE champions
- Fulfil legal requirements and any other identified requirements
- Eliminate hazards and reduce OH&S risks
- Continual improve the OH&S Management System
Ensure the consultation and participation of workers, and, where they exist, workers representatives:
- Consistently implement industry good practice
- Ensure staff are appropriately trained, competent, and supervised to fulfil their role safely
- Effectively measure, monitor, and analyse our HSE performance
The Director of each division will provide strong and consistent HSE leadership and is personally
responsible for ensuring:
- Arrangements are in place for effective implementation of this policy
- Compliance with company and legal requirements
- Staff understand their legal obligations
Everyone is required to assist the company to achieve its HSE aims and to:
- Perform their role in a safe manner
- Comply with HSE rules and legal obligations
- Stop and seek guidance whenever they believe there is a risk to health, safety, or the environment
- Report unsafe acts and conditions
- Look out for those working alongside them
- Use tools and equipment in accordance with training and instruction
The policy will be communicated to all staff, the supply chain and relevant interested parties and it will be reviewed on an annual basis.