Supporting the UK’s Transition to Clean Energy
Briggs Marine considers it essential for current and future generations, that the move to clean, renewable sources of energy is achieved within the governments timeframe. Briggs intends to play a major part in this through provision of services to offshore wind. Many of the services that Briggs Marine has provided to the marine industry for the last 50 years are directly transferrable to the offshore wind and renewables industries. In addition, Briggs can now also offer the services of Briggs Group company, ARB Wind, for wind turbines statutory inspection services.
With a full suite of marine services to offer, Briggs Marine is the perfect partner for all phases of windfarm development and operation. Whether its site demarcation, crew transfer, site investigation, subsea cable services, equipment maintenance or seabed investigation, we can provide solutions to meet your needs.
Briggs Marine currently provides the following services to offshore wind:
- Subsea cable Installation, Maintenance and Repair
- Seabed preparation and site clearance
- In-house Diving, subsea support and inspection services
- Full suite of marine survey, scour monitoring and cable inspection services
- Cathodic Protection System inspection and maintenance
- Removal of Marine Growth
- Provision of Crew Transfer Vessel (CTV) services
- Deployment and maintenance of navigational aids
- Walk to Work Services
- Ad hoc vessel requirements
- Emergency Oil Spill Response (OSR)
- Generator Refuelling
- Statutory inspections
- Fall Arrest Inspection & Maintenance
- Davit Crane Inspection & Maintenance
- Mechanical & Electrical Snagging
- Internal / External Inspections
- Confined Space Entry
- Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
- Access Solutions – Rope Access / Scaffolding
- Transition Piece (TP) Dehumidification Services
As well as provision of a full suite of Operations and Maintenance services, Briggs Headquarters in Burntisland, Fife, offers an ideal quayside facility as well as shore-based plant, laydown areas, fabrication and maintenance facilities.
Briggs Marine has a proven track record in tidal, wind and wave projects and have personnel, specialist equipment and support vessels available 24/7, ready to mobilise without delay.