An Integrated Commercial Diving Service
Briggs Marine offers its clients a first class integrated commercial diving service, with the assurances of ISOs 9001, 14001, 27001, 45001 and 50001.
Briggs Marine is a member of the International Maritime Contractors Association (IMCA), Association of Diving Contractors (ADC) and registered diving contractors with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
- General visual inspection
- Close visual inspection
- Cathodic protection measurement
- Thickness and corrosion surveys
- Clearance of fouled propellers
- Propeller polishing and repairs
- Classification Society standard hull surveys (DNV-GL, Lloyds Register, ABS)
- Sea chest, intake, and outlet blanking
- Structural inspections
- Lock-gate inspection and remedial repairs
- Damaged pile removal
- Damaged pile repairs
- Installation of individual anodes and anode sleds
- Debris and lost item recovery
- Heavy mooring chain inspection, removal, and replacement
- SPM and PLEM inspection, repair, and maintenance above and below water
- Subsea product pipeline inspection
- Jacket pile grouting
- Subsea cable installation, inspection, cutting, and recovery
- Outfall pipeline installation
- Marine salvage of semi-submersible oil rigs, vessels, cable burial plough, and aircraft
- Potentially unexploded ordnance target interrogation and identification
- Installation of cable protection systems and cable crossing mattresses
- Non-native invasive species surveys
Rapid Response & Fully Compliant
Briggs’ in-house diving personnel are highly qualified and experienced. They carefully plan each job with specific site and task-orientated method statements, risk assessments, and dive plans.
Generic or specialised dive spreads can be mobilised for planned or short notice works for onshore and offshore diving operations. Dive spreads are tailored to each project, with a choice of tooling available from our range of pneumatic, hydraulic, welding, oxy-arc burning, and inspection equipment.
Equipment is maintained by our own experienced, certified, and time served Dive Technicians to manufacturer specifications, industry guidance, best practice and regulatory requirements.
Along with equipment, our commercial diving department can deploy a surface supplied dive team led by an ADC and IMCA certified Dive Supervisor. The team consists of personnel who are widely experienced and certified with a minimum skill base of First Aid at Work/ Diver Medic Technician, OPITO Banksman/ Slinger, OPITO Rigger, sea survival techniques and further qualifications that will suit all operational tasks as required.