Since the 1970’s the Briggs Group have grown to become one of the world leaders in the marine and environmental services industry, currently employing over 800 dedicated members of staff.
Providing clients with services ranging from terminal operations to subsea cable repair, we are committed to employing dedicated and skilled staff looking for a career that offers stability, genuine career progression and recognition.
Our core values support the Company’s mission and decision making and provides a benchmark for everything that we believe in. They are the Companies fundamental beliefs and are integrated into every employee process shaping the Company’s culture for future success.
Assist the Technical Manager and Senior Engineer in the provision of effective maintenance of all boats equipment and systems, promoting the safe operation of vessels on the Pilot Boat Service Contract.
Provision of all maintenance and repair of all engineering, electrical and hull systems and equipment on Pilot Boats, Gig Boats, OSRV and Survey Boat, providing out of hours cover when required.
- Carry out the duties and responsibilities of the Duty Engineer, providing out of hours cover for the Pilot Boat Service
- Fulfil all requirements as required under the planned maintenance schedule
- Provide technical guidance to Pilot Boat crews when identifying shortcomings to ensure good working practices are maintained
- Maintain inventory of Mechanical and Electrical spares, as directed by the Technical Manager
- Operate and deploy oil spill pollution equipment as required
- Maintain and retain engineering checklists as directed by the Technical Manager
Time served Marine Engineer / Plant Engineer, 3rd Engineer or equivalent, must be flexible with working hours as there will be an on call rota with availability required every 3rd week.
What’s in it for you
We offer an excellent package with pension, life assurance, Cycle to Work scheme and much more as well as opportunities for on-the-job training and career progression within a stable environment.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining.
You must be able to provide relevant documentation confirming that you have the right to work in the UK.