Baseline Emissions Footprint
Baseline emissions are a record of the greenhouse gases that have been produced in the
past and were produced prior to the introduction of any strategies to reduce emissions.
Baseline emissions are the reference point against which emissions reduction can be
|Baseline Year: April 2014-March 2015
|Additional Details relating to the Baseline Emissions calculations.
An operational control approach has been adopted for the reporting of carbon emissions figures.
|Scope 3 (Included Sources)
|Current Emissions Reporting
|April 2020 – March 2021
|Scope 3 (Included Sources)
Emissions Reduction Targets
In order to continue our progress to achieving Net Zero, we have adopted the following carbon reduction targets:
The company project that carbon emissions will decrease over the next five from current figures years to 13,604 tCO2e by 2027. This is a reduction of 6%.
The company recognises there is a technological gap in respect to vessel propulsion
systems and infrastructure around sustainable fuels that would prevent net zero being
realised with currently available technology. The company, therefore, has focused its
reduction plan on tried and tested technologies and will continue to closely monitor the
sector for advances in technology.
Carbon Reduction Projects
Completed Carbon Reduction Initiatives
The following environmental management measures and projects have been completed or implemented since the 2014-15 baseline.
- The company achieved certification to ISO 50001, Energy Management Standard, in 2015
- The company has committed to make electric vehicles the default replacement option for company vehicles
- The company has and will continue to fit telemetry systems to its vessel fleet to improve monitoring and inform the operational and maintenance decision processes
- The company has and will continue to fit telemetry systems to company vehicles that provide immediate feedback to drivers and improve driving efficiencies through improved driver behaviours
- The company has replaced all lighting at its main site to LED lighting.
- Modernisation of the vessel fleet through removal and replacement of less efficient vessel tonnage
The carbon emission reduction achieved by these schemes equate to 2284 tCO2e, an 18% reduction in scope 1 and 2 emissions against the 2014 baseline.
In the future we hope to implement further measures such as:
- The company will begin the process of certifying our carbon management standard to PAS 2060
- The company intends to sign up to Science Based Target (SBTI) once industry guidance has been developed
Declaration and Sign Off
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been completed in accordance with PPN 06/21 and associated guidance and reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans.
Emissions have been reported and recorded in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the GHG Reporting Protocol corporate standard and uses the appropriate Government emission conversion factors for greenhouse gas company reporting.
Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions have been reported in accordance with SECR requirements, and the required subset of Scope 3 emissions have been reported in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the
Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Standard.