We are excited to present an exceptional opportunity for a Technician to join our Aids to Navigation team located at our Burntisland facility. In this position, you will assume a critical role in responding to outages, conducting maintenance tasks, and executing installations of Aids to Navigation (AtoN) and associated equipment at diverse locations throughout the UK.
Initially, this role will serve as a training position, with the duration contingent upon your experience, aimed at providing a comprehensive understanding of the (AtoN) and Moorings business unit as a whole.
- Act as Briggs Marine representative on third party vessels engaged in Commercial AtoN maintenance and oversee this maintenance.
- Work closely with and learn from the incumbent AtoN and Moorings technician.
- Undertake installation, scheduled inspections repairs and maintenance to floating AtoN and mooring systems.
- Perform emergent AtoN outage response duties to meet Company / Client requirements.
- Ensure all activities are delivered within agreed time scales.
- Fast response vessel and safety equipment is maintained in line with Code requirements
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with all stakeholders
- Inspect, test and condition report on AtoN equipment returned or held within storage
- Undertake quality assurance checks on buoys and equipment
Flexibility in working hours and the capability to be deployed away from home on short notice to accommodate business requirements are vital aspects of this role. A full UK driving license is a prerequisite, and possessing recognised Health & Safety certification is also essential.
What’s in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with pension, life assurance, Cycle to Work scheme and much more as well as opportunities for on-the-job training and career progression within a stable environment.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining.
The next steps
You must be able to provide relevant documentation confirming that you have the right to work in the UK.
Please follow the link below to apply or feel free to call for further information.